L. M. Van der Rohe Barcelona leather armchair
- Armchair "Barcelona", 1929
- Designer - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
- 100% Made in Italy
L. M. Van der Rohe "Barcelona" chair is one of the most recognized objects of the last century, an icon of the modern movement - Bauhaus. Originally it was designed for the Spanish Royalty to oversee the opening ceremonies of the International exhibition in Barcelona, Spain 1929.
Chair "Barcelona" made of chrome and stainless steel configuration. Armchair is almost completely hand-laboured. In order to get premium quality the frames are made of massive suspension stainless steel. High quality requires extreme precision and highest craftsmanship to weld and finish the joints. Frame is polished chrome hand-ground and hand-buffed. Upholstery straps attached with aluminium rivets. Seat and back in foam covered with leather squares. Upholstered with 40 individual panels which are hand-cutted, hand-welted, and hand-tufted to represent the highest quality of iconic "Barcelona" armchair.
- Type: Armchair "Barcelona"
- Armchair dimensions: L 75 - W 75 - H 75 cm
- Ottoman dimensions: L 59 - W 54 - H 37 cm
- Structure: Chrome-plated frame in tubular steel
- Seat: Undeformable foam, leather upholstery
- Colours: Check our colour list
- Armchair weight: 99 Kg, 0,63 m3
- Ottoman not available
- ''Made to order''